Send your resume!
If you’re interested in customer-facing skills, we’d like to meet you!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume & Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Previous work experience at a winery/tasting room is an asset!
Email your Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com!
In this position, you will get to meet guests from across the globe and get to enjoy the breathtaking Okanagan
view every day at work. This is a unique and varied role that requires someone who is motivated, outgoing, and
passionate about the wine industry and, specifically, organic wines and organic viticulture.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location: Little Straw Vineyards Family Estate Winery in West Kelowna
- Wage: Competitive hourly wage plus tips and commission on outside sales
- How to Apply: Please email your Resume & Cover Letter to jobs@kalala
Job Duties: (not limited to)
- Managing the wineshop
- Opening/closing wineshop – counting cash and reconciling any differences
- Pouring wines for customers, tour groups and private tastings
- Explaining the wines and information about the winery
- Selling wines, wine club memberships and doing outside sales for the winery
- Pouring wine at internal and external industry wine tasting events
- Meet minimum inside and outside sales targets
Skills and Requirements:
- Serving It Right required (can apply for this once hired)
- WSET or applicable wine knowledge certificates are assets
- Minimum 3-year experience within the wine industry required
- Sales experience necessary
- Customer service orientated, confident, well spoken, quick learner and a team player
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups (upwards of 20+ people at one time)
- Customer service orientated and able to exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 6 hours in length
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; basic reading, listening and speaking skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and holidays
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Discounts on wine at Little Straw Winery & Kalala Organic Estate Winery (sister company)
- Discounts at the Little Straw Restaurant
- Discounts on Organic orchard pressed juices
- Free wine tastings for you and your guests