Send your resume!
If you’re interested in customer-facing skills, we’d like to meet you!
- Email: email@example.com
- Resume & Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Previous work experience at a winery/tasting room is an asset!
Click here to view the job description!
Email your Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
this position, you will get to meet guests from across the globe and get to enjoy the breathtaking Okanagan
view every day at work. This is a unique and varied role that requires someone who is motivated, outgoing, and
eager to learn about the wine industry and, specifically, organic wines and organic viticulture.
- Job Type: Part-Time Seasonal
- Location: Little Straw Vineyards in West Kelowna
- Wage: Competitive hourly wage plus tips
- How to Apply: Please email your Resume & Cover Letter to jobs@kalala
Job Duties: (not limited to)
- Opening/closing wineshop
- Counting cash and reconciling any differences
- Pouring wines for customers and tour groups
- Re-stocking shelves and keeping the wineshop clean
- Explaining the wines and information about the winery
- Promoting and selling wines, wine club memberships and merchandise during tastings
- Pouring wine at internal and external industry wine tasting events
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be 19 years or older with an ability to lift and carry 40lbs
- Serving It Right & Food Safe Certificate required (can apply for this once hired)
- WSET or applicable wine knowledge certificates are assets
- 1 year experience within the wine industry or customer service-related field
- Customer service orientated, confident, well spoken, quick learner and a team player
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups (upwards of 20+ people at one time)
- Customer service orientated and able to exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 6 hours in length
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; basic reading, listening and speaking skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and holidays
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Discounts on wine at Little Straw Winery & Kalala Organic Estate Winery (sister company)
- Discounts at the Little Straw Restaurant
- Discounts on Organic orchard pressed juices
- Free wine tastings for you and your guest